When looking for cribs for a baby, the safety and comfort, not only of him but also yours, is of vital importance to choose the crib that is appropriate. The design you choose must guarantee that, for the first years of the life of the child, the crib will protect and prevent accidents. For that reason, you have to know which are the best cribs for babies in the market, the best brands and types of the cradle, since this stand out among many for the quality they have, for their price and above all for their distinguished designs.
Top 7 Cribs For Babies
- 4-IN-1 CRIB: Easily converts from crib to toddler bed, daybed, and full-size bed with...
- ADJUSTABLE MATTRESS HEIGHT: With its 3 adjustable mattress support base heights, the Graco...
- 4-IN-1 DESIGN: The Graco Solano Convertible Crib converts easily from crib to toddler...
- ADJUSTABLE MATTRESS HEIGHT: With 3 adjustable mattress heights, the Graco Solano...
- PATENT #6817046 / 8479328 B2 ; Baby Weight Limit (Crib) 35 lbs
- Two position full size folding crib, Dream On Me Standard Mattress (Sold separately)...
- SAFETY FIRST. ALWAYS. - This crib is JPMA Certified to meet or exceed all safety standards...
- 5-IN-1 CONVERTIBLE CRIB - A lifetime investment, the Synergy grows with your child, easily...
- 4-IN-1 CRIB: Designed to grow with your baby, the Hadley easily converts from crib to...
- CRIB WITH DRAWER: The Hadley’s spacious drawer offers a convenient storage solution for...
- CONVERTIBLE CRIB: Converts from a crib to a toddler bed, daybed and full size bed with...
- GROWS WITH BABY: The 3 position mattress height adjustment on this crib allows you to...
- Easy to attach or remove from parents’ bed using the two fastening straps provided.
- 7 height positions to suit parents' bed. Two-side mesh makes more breathable and cozy...
Tips to buy the best crib for your baby
The crib is the place where your baby will spend more than 50% of the time. So it is vital to buy a crib that not only has the best price but also is of high quality, this way you will not overlook the security measures when buying the crib for your baby.
What should you keep in mind? The first thing you should be aware of is that the baby will grow and try to jump, touch the pieces and bite the bars, so we indicate some tips to buy the ideal or best for your baby.
Distances between the Bars
The regulations indicate that the distance between each bar must be 45 to 65 mm. These measures will allow the child can not fit or put his head between the bars. When buying the crib you should bear in mind that children are in a stage where they want to explore everything, so your decisions about the crib should be based on foreseeing the consequences of their curiosities.
Normally the cribs are adjustable in several positions, even the most basic and cheap crib has at least two positions in the bed base. Among the positions are:
- High: This position is designed to provide greater comfort to parents during the first months of the baby’s birth.
- Low: Already when the baby is a little bigger their curiosity and abilities are very different from that of a newborn. For this reason, this other position helps avoid the chances of the baby jumping out of the crib.
Well adjusted parts
Every newborn is very calm, and most of the time will be spent sleeping, but what happens when the baby is growing? When this happens the baby will realize what is around him and try to touch and grab everything.
Therefore you must buy cradles in which your pieces are well adjusted and in which your screws are not exposed. In this way, you will prevent the child from scratching or hurting himself by touching these pieces. Also, to avoid problems when assembling the cradle, you must make sure that all the pieces fit perfectly.
Wheels with the braking system
The wheels are a great help, since they facilitate the mobility of the cradle, in this way it is much easier to move the cradle from one room to the other, or also to maintain it. When buying the crib, whether, in a physical store or online crib shop, you must ensure that the wheels have a special braking system to provide stability to the crib.
Safe mobile handrails
In many of the latest models of the cradle, the front can lower and raise to fit the bed of parents with the crib, in the style of a co-sleeping cradle. If this is what you want, you must bear in mind that the crib must not only have its adjustable front part, it must also have double lock insurance that causes the handrails to fall accidentally at the least indicated time.
Measures of the cradle
In general, the width of the cradle should be about 60 to 80 cm and the length of about 120 to 140 cm. To make it a comfortable crib for your baby the dimensions should allow your little one to turn around or be able to move quietly while sleeping.
One of the most important aspects is the manufacturing material. This must be free of chemical components such as paints, varnishes or toxic lacquers. During the child’s first year, everything that is close to him will be his clear objective to take it to his mouth. Therefore, the crib should have a smooth finish without edges that can be sharp. In the case of wooden baby cribs, it is important that you make sure that it is well sanded and has no splinters.
The objective of the rounded edges are two:
- Any knock against the bars or the crib itself, which could harm the baby, is avoided.
- The cribs with rounded edges have greater durability in its structure.