This is an easy guide to the best homemade dehumidifiers of 2019 where you can find the most efficient, silent and low consumption anti-humidity devices on the market. With this comparison, you can choose and buy a dehumidifier seeing the advantages and disadvantages of each model. (There are many types of machines to reduce environmental humidity at home)
Top 7 Dehumidifiers
- 4,500 SQ FT LARGE DEHUMIDIFIER - Our 15.4 x 11 x 24.3 inches dehumidifier with 1.8 gallon...
- DESIGNED FOR THE MODERN HOME - That most dehumidifiers are clunky eyesores is news to...
- 1,500 SQ FT MEDIUM ROOM DEHUMIDIFIER - Our dehumidifier removes up to 22 pints (30 Pint...
- DESIGNED WITH YOU IN MIND - We designed the Moisture Maniac with convenience and style in...
- Ultra-Quiet Technology: Use peltier technology with no compressor makes it lightweight and...
- Compact And Convenient For Small Areas: Compact mini dehumidifier with 700 ml capacity...
- 1, 500 SQ FT DEHUMIDIFIER – Our dehumidifier are able to collect 20 pint (30 pint 2012...
- INNOVATIVE FEATURES – Auto restart function limits disruption due to power outages by...
- High-Efficiency Dehumify：ALROCKET portable dehumidifier with 35oz(1000ml) capacity tank...
- Ultra Quiet: ALROCKET small dehumidifier Built-in Thermo-Electric Tech(Peltier) operation...
- High-Efficiency Dehumify: 2020 Upgrade mini design, strong dehumidification. Small...
- Ultra-Quiet: Built-in Thermo-Electric Cooling Technology (Peltier) operates without a...
- HIGN EFFICIENT DEHUMIDIFICATION -Keep moisture below 50% .Our mini dehumidifiers has 2 air...
- CREATE A HEALTHY & COMFORTABLE ENVIRONMENT -breath fresh air in your home. According to...
Purchase guide: What should I know before buying a dehumidifier?
Still, have not found a good cheap dehumidifier, but quality? This criteria guide helps you make your decision.
The power is a data that is measured in W and indicates the relationship between the performance of the device and its associated consumption. It also measures the efficiency: it is possible that a device of about 200W can work better than another 300W, even if it is less powerful.
In general, most dehumidifiers will have power ranging from 200 to 500W. If we are worried about spending too much, then we should go buy a low consumption dehumidifier, with A, A + or A +++ certification.
Type of dehumidifier
The dehumidifiers can be classified mainly in these two major types:
· Refrigerants: They absorb the air in the room using a fan, then it is channeled following a cooling system. Yes, the air condenses and it is precipitated drop by drop in the tank. The air is preheated to ambient temperature and ejected.
- Desiccants: It uses certain materials (such as silica gel) and, through a chemical reaction, condenses the moisture in the filling tank. There is an air flow that regenerates the desiccant material so that it is used as often as we want.
Area or volume of the stay
To find the best dehumidifier in our case, we must take into account when measuring the stay; the larger the size, the greater the power of the device.
Multiply the measurements of the place where it will be placed (length X width). For example, if we have a room 4m long and 4m wide, its area will be 16m ^ 2 total (4 x 4 = 16m ^ 2). To obtain the volume we will also multiply the measure of the ceiling. If in the previous case it was 3m, we would have 16 x 3 = 48m ^ 3.
So, in this case, you should look at the comparison of dehumidifier before and make a model that covered an area of 16m ^ 2 or a volume of 48m ^ 3.
This value is given by the manufacturer expressed in liters / 24 hours. However, each manufacturer, to establish the value of their devices, tests in different conditions of temperature and humidity so, in practice, it is not very easy to compare if one model performs more than another.
These indications will help us to better understand the extraction capacity:
Extraction level Low: less than 8L / 24h
Extraction level Medium: between 8L / 24h and 15L / 24h
Extraction level High: between 15L / 24h and 20L / 24h
Extraction level Very High: between 20L / 24h and 36L / 24h
Industrial extraction level: more than 36L / 24h
The humidity of the environment will end up precipitating in the interior of a deposit, and this will have to be emptied with some regularity. If the deposit is very small we will have to empty it every very short time, and this can be a complete nuisance. It is also possible to find an electric dehumidifier with a direct outlet to a drain, to avoid having to do the emptying individually.
In relation to electricity consumption, refrigerants typically consume about 250W, while desiccants about 500W on average. The more power, the more consumption.
How does a dehumidifier work?
Dehumidifiers are air conditioning units that have the capacity to eliminate moisture from the air in the area where it is included. Internally, it integrates a system that absorbs air; get it through a cold area; at that moment the water condenses and it will precipitate, accumulating in a deposit (this we will have to empty it on our own). Finally, it leaves the environment, with less humidity, through a hot zone to recover the temperature it had.
What is a dehumidifier for?
Based on the above information, the use of the device is more than evident. Its main function is to reduce the relative humidity that exists in the environment but in a controlled manner. It manages to improve the quality of the air, it reduces the heat that we can pass when the temperatures rise (when the summer arrives), and the cold of the winter.
How much does a dehumidifier consume?
In order to know the consumption of a dehumidifier, it will be necessary to take a look at the data of the power (measured in W). Some models tell us the exact value of consumption, although it is not usual.
It is important to know that normally they do not work at the maximum possible power, reason why always it will be necessary to subtract a little of consumption. Those that use less energy are those of low consumption: it is possible to find a low consumption dehumidifier that does not sacrifice in power to function, achieving the best results in the environment in question.