Brushing your teeth is only part of your daily routine. Keeping your teeth clean is not only essential for preventing stains and maintaining an admirable denture, keeping your breath fresh and ensuring that your teeth remain whiter, but it is also crucial to your oral health. Not brushing your teeth properly results in tooth decay, gum disease, and other problems that can lead to extensive dental work and thus resort to high dental bills.
While a manual toothbrush gets the job done when used correctly, more and more people are putting electric models in their toothbrush holder. Investing in an electric toothbrush is an easy way to intensify your oral hygiene game. These appliances remove plaque, better than manual brushes, and that two-minute timer keeps you brushing all the time you have to brush for healthier teeth. But with so many models in the market (and a wide range of prices), finding the right one is a challenge.
Top 7 Electric Toothbrush
- Clinically proven superior 3D cleaning oscillates and pulsates to break up and remove up...
- The pressure sensor stops the pulsation movement if you brush too hard and the in handle...
- Gentle and effective care made easy with sonic technology that removes up to 7x more...
- Protect your teeth and gums with a pressure sensor that gently pulses to alert you when...
- POWERFUL CLEANING - ADA Accepted, with 40,000 micro-brushes per minute, enjoy clean and...
- ONE 4-HOUR CHARGE LAST 30 DAYS - compatible with any power source with an auto shut off...
- 40,000 VPM SMART TOOTHBRUSH – Beauty, brains and power. The Black Series is a world...
- GO BEYOND JUST CLEANING – AquaSonic removes 10x more plaque along the gum line than a...
- Sonic fluid action gently pulses between the teeth and along the gum line while the brush...
- Removes up to 2x more plaque than a manual toothbrush
- Features Micro Pulse Bristles to clean deep between teeth for outstanding plaque removal...
- Head rotates side to side in an oscillating manner, while penetrating hard to reach areas
- Improve your gum health up to 100 percent with a safe and gentle experience vs. a manual...
- Protect your teeth with a pressure sensor that gently pulses to alert you when you're...
What is an electric toothbrush?
An electric toothbrush is a toothbrush that makes it easy to maintain proper oral hygiene. The bristles on the head of the electric toothbrush rotate or move in different directions so you do not have to do the hard work of scrubbing your teeth. Not only does an electric toothbrush make this daily task easier for you, but usually, these toothbrushes get to places where you can not with a manual toothbrush. This means that it decreases the risk of cavities, gingivitis and other problems that can occur when you do not brush correctly.
What are the advantages of owning an electric toothbrush?
The right toothbrush for you depends on your personal preference, do you want a classic toothbrush that costs a couple of dollars at the pharmacy? Or do you want to spend a little more money for an electric toothbrush that does a better job for you? According to the American Dental Association, both work equally well to clean teeth. However, a motorized toothbrush could help you get rid of some of your bad brushing habits, such as not going for the required amount of time to do the proper cleaning and not reaching the hard to reach points.
What are the different types of electric toothbrushes?
If you want your teeth to be cleaner and healthier than ever, an electric toothbrush is something you will want to have in your bathroom. While purchasing one of these products, you will find some different types. By knowing what types are available, you can easily find one that is right for you.
- For children – These toothbrushes are created with smaller handles that fit easily in small hands, as well as smaller heads and shorter bristles that are perfect for brushing baby teeth and a child’s first teeth. These are usually crafted in bright colors, and may even include popular characters, so brushing is more appealing to any child.
- Battery operation – These electric toothbrushes work with normal AA or AAA batteries that need to be replaced over time. These are generally the least expensive type of toothbrushes for adults.
They are disposable – Instead of having replaceable heads, these toothbrushes have a fixed head and are designed to be removed once they wear out.
- Rechargeable – These are generally more expensive than toothbrushes that do not have rechargeable batteries, but the savings you get overtime with replacement batteries can actually end up saving you money in the long run. These toothbrushes are connected to an AC charger and can last several weeks on a single charge.
- Sound toothbrushes – Instead of rotating bristles, sonic toothbrushes vibrate at a speed of 30,000 to 40,000 strokes per minute. Many people believe that these vibrations provide a better clean than other types of electric and manual toothbrushes.
Considerations to choose the best electric toothbrush
If you want to reveal a whiter, brighter smile or you worry about maintaining good oral hygiene, an electric toothbrush could be the right choice for you. With hundreds of different toothbrushes on the market, however, how do you choose the right one? Consider these key points to help you make a better purchase decision.
You can not put a price on good oral health, but unfortunately, your bank account may suggest otherwise. The price should always be a consideration, but it should never be the deciding factor. Set a budget that works for you, and then look for an effective toothbrush filled with most of the features that fall within that budget. Even the most expensive toothbrushes are much less expensive than having to pay for expensive dental work.
Most electric toothbrushes use replaceable heads. While the initial purchase price of the toothbrush can be expensive, replacement heads can be quite expensive and end up costing you more over time. Consider the price and availability of replacement heads, as well as the different types of bristles available so you can always have the greatest comfort when brushing.
All electric toothbrushes are designed to keep your teeth clean and healthy, but some go the extra mile to make sure you’re brushing properly. Consider additional features like built-in timers and deep cleansing action that give you a healthy smile that you will be proud to show off.
If you want to customize the way you brush your teeth, look for a brush that offers several different ways. This allows you to experiment and find the best way to keep your teeth looking great.
Guarantees are another important factor to consider. As a general rule, battery-powered toothbrushes do not include them, while most rechargeable brushes do. If your rechargeable electric toothbrush breaks within the first two years after you buy it, you can repair it or replace it at no additional cost. This can justify and be beneficial to you by paying a little more in advance for a rechargeable model.