Finding the best mattresses for back pain can be a complicated process, especially if you are not sure what you are looking for. There are many options in the market and it can be exasperating and confusing to find the best mattress to prevent low back and lower back pain. What is most important in a mattress? In this guide, we will review the essential parts that are essential in a mattress to provide adequate support and comfort for the specific needs of people who sleep on their backs and for those who have some kind of a pain in the lower back or in the back in general.
Top 7 Mattress For Lower Back Pain
- PERFECT CONTOUR. Our queen-size visco mattresses cradle you in a deluxe layer of 2.5-inch...
- COOLING INNOVATIONS. Breathable, plush & superior quality ingredients - Optimum conforming...
- Plush, therapeutic memory foam helps eliminate pressure point pain
- Memory foam supports lower back, allowing spine to stay neutral
- 2 inches of gel memory foam adds softness and pressure-relieving comfort to your mattress
- This quick response memory foam is extremely airy and ultra-plush
- 2-inch premium, memory foam offers superior comfort, refreshing a worn-out mattress or...
- Ventilated open-cell memory foam increases airflow and regulates sleeping temperature, all...
- GUARANTEED TO HELP REDUCE LOW BACK PAIN: Our Patented Angle Memory Foam Wedge Pillow is...
- BED WEDGE FOR THERAPY AND SLEEP: Designed for those suffering from back and body pains....
- Thickness: 2",Filling: microfiber, 1400gsm premium quality plush microfiber for the...
- Anchor bands and stitching ensure secure fit and adapts to mattress depths from 6" to 22"
- This advanced lumbar pillow for sleeping is designed to help improve spine posture and...
- The height can be adjusted by adding or subtracting foam pads. The Light Lumbar consists...
Factors to consider when choosing mattresses for back pain
Lumbar pain is already part of the night routine of many people. Going to sleep should not pose additional pain to your back, so it is crucial to find a mattress that offers good support.
Support for the lower back
It is important to remember that support and firmness are not the same things. You can have a soft mattress and at the same time offer great support. By the same rule, there are firm mattresses that do not offer good support. Proper support results from mattresses that keep your back aligned and at the same time comfortable. It is vital when buying mattresses for back pain.
Firmness and ideal sensation for back pains
Prevention of pressure points in the lower back
The pressure points created between your body and the mattress is one of the aspects that we have to pay more attention to when we suffer from back pain. Normally, pressure points are areas where the mattress “pushes” over your body causing your back and spine not to be in a straight line. When your body goes out of line, more pressure is produced in your spine, causing unwanted back pain.
Therefore, it is vital to ensure that you are not sleeping on a mattress that causes pressure points in any joint and, in case you do, look for good mattresses for back pain. By avoiding this, your body is able to rest in a relaxed state and the chances of pressure points appearing along your spine and lower back are dramatically reduced.
Around 85% of Spaniards suffer back problems at some point during their life. Although these pains do not affect us all in the same way, we must make sure that we pay attention to them, in case they become more serious when we do not treat them. Medicine divides back pain into two main categories:
The causes of your particular pain, needs, desires, age, and other factors determine the type of mattress that best suits you. Below I have listed some of the most common causes of back pain and what you can do to prevent them from buying a mattress for back pain.
Stress and anxiety
Stress is probably the most common cause of back pain. Although it is difficult to determine the level of stress that a person suffers, many studies have shown that stress causes lack of sleep. This lack of sleep comes from the constant movement during the night when changing position. The more laps you give in bed, the more susceptible you are to the ramps for example, or even worse, you can fall asleep in an incorrect position or to which your body is not used.
- Massages – help relieve accumulated stress and improve rest during the night.
- Eat healthily – a balanced diet helps you sleep better and reduce overall stress. In addition, reducing the consumption of caffeine and sugar can help reduce stress by keeping the processing of ideas clearer.
- Exercise – exercising helps to reactivate endorphins (releasing them) by reducing stress levels.
- Rest – more important, get enough sleep. Sleeping is one of the most determining factors in stress. Make sure to reserve enough time to rest and recharge batteries every night.
Back pain, especially lower back pain, can be the result of various circumstances. However, the main cause is usually related to tight muscles or directly to the lumbar disc itself. This can be due to lifting heavy weights, sudden movements or other turns or movements. In any case, it is advisable to consult your doctor before deciding which mattress to buy.
Your specific medical needs may require a level of firmness or type of material intended to act directly on your back problems. In this case, only your doctor can advise the best treatment and perhaps a good mattress for back pain.