When a terrace, balcony or garden receives too much sun during the day, a parasol, also known as an umbrella, will give you immediate relief so that you can enjoy the outdoor activities you want. You can sit down to read a book or share with your family without worrying about the suffocating and inclement sun.
In addition to sun protection, sun umbrellas become a good way to provide privacy if you live in a neighborhood, as it will keep you protected from curious looks. If you do not want to throw away your money, then we present in detail the features, benefits and best models of terrace umbrellas so you know all the aspects and make sure you buy an umbrella that does not disappoint.
Top 7 Patio Umbrella
- Operation - Operates with crank open system for your easy and quick use
- Tilt - Push Button Tilt to keep the sun at your back
- 24 SOLAR-POWERED LIGHTS: Use it day or night, with 24 built-in solar powered LED lights...
- HIGH-DURABILITY FABRIC: Made with high-quality water-, UV-, and fade-resistant fabric to...
- Made of 100% polyester that can be waterproof, long lasting, fade resistant, easy to...
- Rust- Free Powder Coated Aluminum Pole(40mm Diameter aluminum pole) and 8 sturdy ribs...
- UV Protection - Our patio umbrellas are used for 100% waterproof polyester cover with UV...
- Tilt Canopy of Outdoor Umbrella - In order to keep out sunshine better, tilt canopy to 45...
- 【 SIZE and USE 】This 10 feet cantilever offset hanging patio umbrella provides more...
- 【 WATERPROOF,UV PROTECTION& FADE RESISTANT 】The umbrella is made of heavy duty anti-UV...
- 9 ft. Diameter-shade your 42"- 54" Round, square or rectangle table with 4 to 6 chairs,...
- 100% post-consumer recycled polyester fabric- fade resistant, water repellent, UV...
- 10FT OFFSET PATIO UMBRELLA: Designed to keep you cool and comfortable in your outdoor...
- DURABLE COMPOSITION: Made of a powder-coated aluminum pole to prevent rust and scratching,...
Buying guide: What do you need to know before buying?
A terrace parasol offers the perfect solution to cover the open areas of your home, as it provides shade wherever and whenever you want, plus it will add a touch of color and style to the decoration. Before purchasing a garden umbrella, pay attention to the following aspects to make your home an ideal place to rest in summer:
A garden umbrella is a decorative element of considerable dimensions in outer space, so it must be chosen to combine with other garden furniture so that it adapts with style and functionality.
Evaluate the disposition of the elements to take into account the space available. You should also consider the relationship with the roof so that it does not exceed it and the location of the barbecue, for example, you will not want it to be near the flames. Knowing the space will make more safety and fluidity of displacement.
Size and weight
The size of the terrace parasol will depend on the available space and the surface you want to cover. There are small, medium-sized models and large umbrellas that adapt to the size of a family to provide comfort. The size is determined by the diameter and height.
The weight, on the other hand, should be sufficient to keep the garden umbrella stable and will depend on the size and materials used in the manufacture of the umbrella.
The parasol structures are constructed of wood, aluminum or fiberglass; However, the most common material is aluminum, since it resists all types of weather conditions if it is designed with the correct finish. There are also special wooden frames that adapt to the weather, but it is usually more expensive. As an alternative, there is fiberglass that is light, flexible, non-corrosive and resists in various climatic conditions.
The traditional models of terrace umbrellas use a crank or pulleys of low technology to open and close, but they require the use of much force in case you need to disassemble.
However, more sophisticated terrace umbrellas have been designed that include more options in its mechanism, such as an advanced crank, tilt push buttons to a position in different positions and a 360-degree rotating system to provide shade wherever you need it.
Most parasols are round, but not all. Currently, hexagonal and octagonal models have been designed, as well as others with square or rectangular shapes that adapt to outdoor tables with these designs.
Benefits of a parasol
There are many benefits of having a parasol terrace or umbrella in your home, among which stand out the following:
Provides protection against UV rays
The sun visors are an excellent way to keep the shade and protection from UV rays since block 99% of the impact to prevent skin diseases.
Improves the environment with an elegant appearance
An umbrella completes the look of your garden or terrace with an elegant and modern design, thanks to the many colors and styles to choose from. It is an easy accessory to incorporate in any decoration.
It offers a wide range of shapes and sizes available
The shape of the parasol plays an important role in its visual appeal. The square and rectangular terrace umbrellas are popular in modern spaces, while the circular and octagonal shapes give a more traditional look.
Add an entertainment space in patios, gardens, and terraces
The parasols for terraces eliminate the sun and the wind from the outdoor spaces so that you have a protected space where you can make meetings and barbecues or have the peace you are looking for to relax.
They are installed and adapted in a convenient way
The parasol is easy to install without professional help. All you have to do is adjust the base and place it in the space you want. They also have a convenient handle to open and close them with minimal effort.
Some tips when choosing umbrellas for terraces
You already know the characteristics of the parasols for terraces and the best parasol models that exist in the market. Now we want to give you some tricks when selecting large umbrellas:
- The eccentric sunshades (side mast) have an advantage over the central sunshades (central arm) because the sunshade adapts without having to move the entire structure.
- If you want a durable garden umbrella, opt for a model made of aluminum and stainless steel that resists the conditions, compared to plastic models.
- If you want a portable sunshade, you should pay attention to the support base. For large eccentric umbrellas, choose one foot of tiles or tiles, while the central umbrellas have no particular requirement.