Dogs and cats are so lovable because they bring joy, happiness, and companionship to their owners. They even have their own unique personalities. However, your pets also can bring big clean-up messes with their shedding dog hair on your hardwood floors or tile floors.
Dogs roam and play around in your home every day, leaving behind excessive dog hair on everything they touch and don’t touch. The dog hair that doesn’t collect on your furniture usually ends up all over your hardwood floors in scattered little piles that roll like tumbleweed the moment a soft breeze hits it.
The hair shedding is a natural process that affects any pet with fur. You can’t stop it but you can groom your dog regularly to remove extra hair. The only best solution is to clean pet hair as much as possible, especially if you live with people with dog hair allergies and other pulmonary conditions.
Top 7 Pet Vacuum
- Powerful pet hair pick-up with triple action brush roll + scatter-free technology
- Swivel steering to easily maneuver around furniture and other obstacles
- One Pass Technology With Powerful Suction And Innovative Brush Design To Clean On The...
- Powerful, Multi-Cyclonic Suction System For Lasting Suction That Captures And Keeps Dirt...
- Surface Type: upholstery, auto, stairs, Power Rating: 4 amps
- Filtration: multi-layer filtration, The Bissell hand vac uses the Cyclonic Cleaning System
- Triple action brush roll + scatter-free technology maximize pet hair removal - even if...
- 27' power cord automatically rewinds for quick and simple storage
- Buy BISSELL, save pets. BISSELL will donate $5 for each Pet Hair Eraser Li-Ion Purchase,...
- Remove more embedded dirt and pet hair with a motorized brush tool and lithium ion battery
- Shark's original, full-sized Powered Lift-Away A canister that detaches to deep clean...
- Hard Floor Hero Picks up surface litter and stuck-on debris, providing superior bare floor...
- Buy BISSELL, save pets. BISSELL donates up to 10 dollars to the BISSELL pet foundation for...
- Triple action brush roll + scatter-free technology maximize pet hair pickup - even if it's...
Owning a pet doesn’t mean it has to look like you do. The moment guests sit on your furniture and get up looking like they’re wearing a fur coat, it’s time to start searching for a better vacuum for pet hair. However, you shouldn’t run out and just purchase the first pet hair vacuum you see on sale.
You should consider what type of most important features you want in your vacuum cleaner for pet hair and weigh their pros and cons:
- Handheld Vacuum Cleaner – A handheld vacuum cleaner is ideal for a small dog, or if you already have a good quality pet vacuum and you just need a backup for small dander issues.
- Upright Vacuum – An upright model is a great vacuum for dealing with pet hair. Typically, these are fully-equipped with specialized attachments that help you pick up the pet hair from stairs, furniture, curtains and so much more. These high-end pet vacuums can even handle crumbs, pebbles, heavy debris, dirt and wads of fur from your home. These vacuums can come with a bag or without one. However, upright vacuums can be bulky and heavy. Additionally, their brush rollers can get clogged if you don’t look for one that has a tangle-free brush roller.
- Robot Vacuum Cleaners – Robot vacuum cleaners use smart technology to clean your hard floors. These are small little cleaning devices that can connect to Wi-Fi, memorize the layout of your home and automatically recharges itself. However, these pet vacuums only clean floors. So you will definitely need an additional good quality pet hair vacuum with attachments to do above-floor cleaning.
What Should You Look For In A Perfect Pet Vacuum?
There are plenty of top rated vacuum cleaner brands that claim to effectively remove pet hair, but some are all hype. So, here are a few basic but important features you should look out for when you are shopping for a pet vacuum cleaner:
- Superior Suction Power – The best vacuum for pet hair must have superior suction power. Good suction is key when it comes to cleaning up stubborn, clingy pet hairs. The more powerful the suction, the faster you can be done by picking up the pet hair.
- A High-Quality Filtration System – A pet hair vacuum with a high-degree filtration system traps allergens and particles inside the vacuum, clearing the air you breathe. Additionally, you’ll want to look out for a good performance pet vacuum with washable filters. This will save you money in the long run.
- Pet Tools Or Attachments – These little tools help you get rid of pet hair in hard-to-reach places and places that require a delicate touch. With these nice pet tools, you can vacuum up pet hair above-floor level.
- Tangle-Free Brush Roller – A brush roller is tough for handling pet hair. Its bristles rotate at a fast speed to loosen and pick up embedded pet debris from carpeted floors.
- On/Off Roller Brush Switch – This may be just a switch, but it’s an important feature to have your top selection of the best pet hair vacuum. A brush roller deeps clean carpeted areas and can burn your carpet if it is left there too long. For example, if you are using attachments to clean above-floor areas while the brush is still rolling at a rapid speed, you can ruin areas of your carpet. With an on/off switch, you can stop the brush roller from moving while you are picking up pet hair from above-floor areas.
- Cleans Multiple Surfaces – Most homes have different types of floor surfaces. Chances are if your home has carpet in most rooms your kitchen area probably has bare or hardwood floors. Also, if you want a superior vacuum with pet tools included, you’ll need to make sure they’re tools that can handle delicate upholstery fabrics. You’ll want to shop for a best pet vacuum cleaner that can adjust to and clean multiple floor surfaces.
- Easy To Clean – Once you remove all the pet hair, dander, and debris from your home, you’re going to want to dispose of it quickly and easily. One of the worst things to happen is trying to empty a vacuum canister or dirt tank and it gets all over the floor you’ve just cleaned. So, you should search for a pet hair vacuum that is easy to empty after cleaning.
- A Good Warranty – A warranty protects your precious purchase and your hard earned money. While it may be the manufacturer’s intention to make a durable pet hair vacuum cleaner that doesn’t malfunction, that isn’t all the time the case. You’ll want to make sure your solid warranty covers a nicer replacement or a full refund.