The screen is a key element of your bathroom to prevent the entire stay is filled with water and foam when you enjoy a good shower replenishment. But the -desirable- transparency of its crystal often also makes this element invisible to our eyes. And, nevertheless, it occupies a central place in the toilet space, being fundamental that we keep it always clean and ready to avoid both an unsightly image and a malfunction that makes the water make its way to the ground.
Top 7 Shower Cleaners
- 4 Packs Replaceable Brush Heads: Spin Scrubber Extra-wide flat brush head is used to clean...
- Cordless with Powerful Battery: Powered by a rechargeable 3.6-volt battery, the cordless...
- Includes 3 (three) 20 oz. shower cleaners
- The wide spray has more complete coverage; Removes calcium, lime, dirt and grime
- PROFESSIONAL HARD WATER SPOT REMOVER: Get the powerful industrial and commercial strength...
- SAFE AND ENVIRONMENT FRIENDLY: Abrasive based and made from a non-chemical compound....
- Contains (1) 68 ounce refill bottle of shower cleaning spray
- Naturally derived daily shower cleaner.
- Just Spray! No rinsing, no wiping
- Wide Spray for quick, complete coverage
- Contains (1) 28 ounce bottle of shower cleaning spray
- Naturally derived daily shower cleaner.
- Forms a protective barrier that helps prevent soap scum,
- No rinsing, wiping or scrubbing required
To avoid these and other disadvantages of running water, I recommend that you carry out these simple gestures always maintenance
1. Rinse the shower after each shower
The lime has a particularity and is that it falls off and falls through the drain when we use hot water, but not when it is cold. That’s why it tends to appear more in summer and in places in the house where clothes or kitchen utensils are washed, such as washing machines and sinks. In any case, I recommend that you do with a rubber spatula to dry the screen in one pass after your daily shower and avoid leaving a residue.
2. Ventilate the bathroom after each use
The other great enemy of your screen, the mold, is none other than a bit of fresh air that decongests all the concentrated moisture after a shower. And the best way to ventilate is to open the window and the door so that the air runs and dries and disperses each drop of water that has gone astray. If you also help this natural process by drying the screen with the aforementioned rubber spatula, or a towel or paper towel, the better.
3. Periodically clean in depth
And this periodicity will depend on two factors: how much case have you done in the two previous sections and the hardness of the water in your place of residence. The greater the hardness of the water, the greater the amount of lime in all the humid areas of your home.
Remember that hard water is one with a high composition of minerals, especially magnesium and calcium. As our technical specialists in appliance repairs know , the lime of the water causes incrustations of carbonates in washing machines, heaters and irons, seizing them little by little, especially in certain parts of Spain due to the calcareous nature of their soils (especially those closest to them to the east coast, as you can see on this map)
4. Check profiles and weather strips for mold
Both the silicone profiles and the mobile parts topped with plastic weatherstrips are highly desired areas due to the hairy or filamentous covering produced by various types of fungi on organic matter, which causes their decomposition; it forms a layer of black, blue, green or white … and we call it mold.
Again, think eco and you will be right: do not use hard scourers, and thus avoid scratching and marring these delicate surfaces. Better, a little hot water with vinegar, or any of the ideas from the previous tweet, applied with a cloth and a lot of love. And if it’s too late and the blackness of the mold has eaten part of your silicone joints, follow our video advice:
5. Opt for an anti-scale screen in your next reform
The last idea is the most exhaustive and lasting: if you are going to renew the bathroom, choose anti-lime treatments – or lime cleaning facilitators – on the glass, which is nothing more than surfaces with greater surface tension that repels the adhesion of the Water. To be totally precise, it is not a self-cleaning product, but rather an aid that reduces the need for cleaning by up to 80%.