I remember going to Applebee’s once, and falling in love with their amazing beer cheese dip. Considering how Applebee will never reveal their secret recipe, I decided to do some research on what the beer cheese dip is made out of.
After several trial and errors, I think it is safe to say that I have somewhat perfected Applebee’s beer cheese dip recipe that will allow you to make delicious beer cheese dip. Let us have a look, shall we?
- You are going to need three tablespoons of butter.
- Three tablespoons of flour.
- A bottle of Blue Moon beer with half-cup milk.
- Then you are going to need two cloves of minced garlic.
- A tablespoon of Dijon mustard.
- 1/4 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- Half cup of shredded Colby Jack cheese.
- Half cup of shredded Sharp White Cheddar cheese.
- 1 teaspoon of hot sauce.
- Salt, as well as ground black pepper as per your requirements.
- You can also use paprika and cayenne pepper for garnishing purpose.
Start the process by melting the butter over medium heat in a saucepan, and then add the flour. Once that is done, you are going to whisk until the mixture is smooth, then continue cooking the mixture for 1 minute. Keep whisking and gradually and slowly add the beer as well as the milk. Once that’s done, add garlic mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Keep stirring for 5 to 10 minutes until the mixture thickens.
The sauce should be thick enough to coat the back of the spoon. Once that is achieved, simply remove the pan from heat, and stir both kinds of cheese and hot sauce right away. Add the salt and pepper as per the requirements. Place the sauce in the desired bowl, and then garnish it with paprika or cayenne pepper powder.
Serve it while it is still hot, you can serve it with pretzel sticks, or toasted bread.