Thanks to a large number of models available today, opening the cans is something you can do at your own pace and as you like. In the market, we find from the electric models that do all the work for you to the manual models that still require your effort, but they are suitable if you do not have many cans to open. In any case, always choose models made with quality materials and hygienic operation to avoid cross-contamination problems, facilitating cleaning. The most recommended model by consumers, at the moment, is the WMF Tin Up can opener. This semi-manual type product has a stainless steel cutting wheel system that ensures smooth operation, while its small size allows it to be stored anywhere. If we prefer an electric model, the Green BangRui can opener is another good alternative. Its four AAA batteries and it’s cutting system prevent all efforts, also having a system that holds the lid subject to avoid contamination of the product or the can opener.
Top 7 Can Opener
- STAINLESS STEEL BLADE: The KitchenAid Can Opener is made from strong stainless steel that...
- EASY TO TURN: An oversized, easy to grip turn knob allows for opening cans with ease
- Electric can opener with precision Power Cut blade
- Press-and-release lever for easily opening any standard-size can
- High quality material. Made from high quality food-safe Stainless Steel. Cutting blade is...
- Fast cutting. The blade is very sharp to easily cut open the lid of cans of all sizes in...
- Opens pop-top & regular cans
- No more sharp lid edges - cuts can along the side for smooth, touchable lid
- Easy Operation. Lock it onto cans, hold tight its handles, twirl the knob on the side and...
- Ergonomic and Safe. You can easily and comfortably hold tight he burnished handles and...
- Large, comfortable handles take the pain out of opening cans
- Features big, cushioned handles for a non-slip grip, even when wet
- Efficient Opener&Safety::The big easy-to-turn knob help to effortlessly cut the sturdy...
- Durable&Multi-Role::The rotating cutting wheel made of high quality stainless steel will...
What is the best can opener in the market?
Although there are more and more cans that include systems of abrefácil that allow to open them directly if you really like to cook surely you still need a good can opener. This product has evolved a lot to offer adequate safety during use and even to automate its operation. If you want to know these modern models, we present our guide to buying the best can opener in the market, practical and surely cheaper than you think.
If we make a comparison of can openers with the different models that there are in the market, the first distinction refers to the opening system. A system that can be electrical or manual.
In the case of those that work through an electrical system, it can be powered by batteries or with a rechargeable and plug-in battery. In the case of manual products these range from traditional products with hooking and use entirely by hand (the lifelong can opener) to semiautomatic products in which a wheel is manually rotated to open the cans. If you plan a prolonged or frequent use of can openers, it is more convenient to use electric models, which are faster and avoid avoidable efforts. Although there is a difference in how much this type of can opener costs, the investment is worth it.
One of the most dangerous areas of any home, as far as accidents are concerned, is the kitchen. A room where there is fire, hot surfaces, and objects that cut, with sharp edges and other dangerous elements, such as can openers. Therefore, the safety of its operation is essential so that the product does not involve any risk.
For safety to be adequate, the most dangerous areas, such as tips or cutting surfaces, must be properly protected to prevent you from damaging them during use. Another element that you should consider is the type of cut made by the can. In this case, the electric models, for their automated system, are the safest, while those with an open edge and traditional design are the most dangerous. And of course, we can not forget the materials with which the handles and clamping surfaces are manufactured. Whether we are talking about models in wood or plastic, it is key that these materials guarantee adequate support during use to avoid accidents.
Although can openers are not generally expensive, except for certain electric models, it is true that it is convenient to look for quality products with materials that are resistant and that offer an adequate result in the opening of cans.
As the first question, the metals of the cutting surfaces stand out, they must have the right sharpening to work during many openings, at the same time they have to be resistant and withstand cleaning, without being damaged. Think that many cans have oils, sauces and the like, so do not forget to pass them by a good stream of water and detergent to always have it perfect.
As for the handles and fasteners that we have already mentioned, in addition to that support that we have referred, these have to be resistant and comfortable to use, offering high durability. Finally, with respect to the electrical ones, it verifies that the functioning system has adequate durability both in its materials and in its operating system.