Bleaching clothes is something that everyone, at some point, has to do. Clear garments tend to stain easily with any type of substance that comes into contact with your fabric. Sometimes after a lot of use, it also begins to feel yellowish.
In this article, we will share 5 tricks to whiten clothes with natural products. With them, you will be able to get rid of the stains and recover that bright white from your clothes. We will also help you prevent accidents with chlorinated products and whiten clothes in a more environmentally friendly way.
Top 7 Non-Chlorine Bleach
- Removes stains and whitens without chlorine
- Ultra concentrated, Color safe, Non-toxic, Biodegradable, Hypo-allergenic
- The unique formula is activated by water, unleashing bubbling oxygen power for safe,...
- For regular and he washers
- Contains (6) 64 ounce bottle of non chlorine bleach cleaner
- Powers away stains & deodorizes.
- Naturally-Derived Ingredients, Non-Toxic Formula, Add-in Laundry booster to Brighten...
- Neutralizes Odors, Fragrance Free and Hypoallergenic, Works for all Temperatures,Safe on...
- Seventh Generation Chlorine-Free Bleach lifts tough stains leaving whites and colors their...
- No "bleachy" smell, color-safe formula can be added to every laundry load as a chlorine...
- One 3 lb. box of OxiClean White Revive Laundry Whitener + Stain Remover
- Works with detergent to remove stains and brighten and whiten clothing
- One 24 count container of OxiClean White Revive Laundry Stain Remover Power Paks
- Works with detergent to brighten and whiten clothing
Tips for keeping linen
The white clothes require some special care to keep in good condition and with a bright tone. If this color is your favorite when it comes to choosing clothes, do not miss the following tips:
- Avoid using chemical bleaches on garments made of polyester, or in polyester and cotton blends. In these, there can be a chemical reaction between chlorine and polyester, which can cause the garment to turn yellowish.
- Pay close attention to the water you use to wash. Sometimes it can be cloudy and this makes your clothes yellow.
- At the time of washing the linen, you can use a little borax diluted. In this way, you will make the water soften and there is no risk of the garment getting dirty.
- To avoid stains on white clothes try not to apply perfumes, deodorants or other chemicals that can make contact with the fabric. In general, these all end up creating yellowish spots on the garment.
- Try to dry your white clothes in the sun, since UV rays help keep the whites bright and beautiful.
Five ways to remove stains from clothes without chlorine
Chemical chlorine often deteriorates clothes, with these options your clothes will be more durable, soft and white.
One of the most difficult tasks at home is to wash clothes that by accident or work issues are stained, the big question is how to whiten it without using chemical chlorine ?. According to the Better with Health site, there are five ways to achieve it. We tell you
1. White vinegar
This is one of the products that remove stains and dirt on clothes with ease, and best of all, its whitening capacity does not affect fabrics, it has a softening effect on clothes.
How to use? To the natural powder detergent add half a cup or a cup of white vinegar, then perform normal washing. In the case the spots are in specific areas such as neck, sleeves or armpits, it is recommended to place a little vinegar in the area and leave it at rest for an hour.
2. Baking soda
One of the benefits of this product is that it is effective to remove stains and give softness to the clothes, acquiring it will not require much investment since it is quite economical.
How to use it? In the measure of detergent, you will use, add half a cup of baking soda and wash as you usually do. In the case that you have a specific spot, you should apply it directly and adding a little lemon juice.
3. Oxygenated water
It is also one of the most effective products for whitening and care of clothes. The way to use it is very easy, just add half a cup of hydrogen peroxide to the detergent and perform normal washing.
Planting flowers, trees, and vegetables in the garden and carefully caring that area of the house positively affects the mental and physical health of people. This hobby prevents diseases, such as senile dementia and diabetes, and promotes a pleasant mood.
4. Lemon Juice
This fruit is an excellent astringent by nature, ideal for whitening clothes. How is it used? Place lemon slices in a pot of water and bring to a boil, then soak the laundry for an hour, before washing it as you normally do.
You can opt for milk when some delicate or cotton clothes experience a stain. How to use? In milk, bowl places the garment with a stain for a few hours and then take it out to rinse as you normally do. The white clothing requires some care, it is recommended that when you do one of these tricks, separate the colored and white clothes, to avoid unfortunate and irreparable accidents in your clothes.