Propane gas grills offer portable convenience for cooks outdoors. Coming in many sizes and designs, a propane grill requires only one fuel tank instead of a natural gas system, which needs a delivery line. The variety of barbecue propane designs can make the choice of the best grill very difficult, especially for first-time buyers. There are, however, some tips that will help you prospectively obtain your shopping list.
Top 7 Propane Grills
- Totally 625 sq. in. cooking surface, with 469 sq. in. porcelain cast iron grilling grate...
- Totally 57,000 BTU, 4 in-line stainless steel tube burners with total 48,000 BTU output...
- Boasts the Gs4 grilling system with improved infinity ignition, burners,...
- Porcelain-enameled, cast iron cooking grates
- 205 sq. in. primary stainless steel cooking area 105 sq. in. chrome-plated warming rack
- 10,000 BTU stainless steel "U" burner
- NEW FEATURES - This unit comes equipped with Blackstone's new and improved side shelf...
- RESTAURANT STYLE COOKING - With 720sq inches of flat top grilling, this griddle is perfect...
- 2-burner, 24,000-BTU Cabinet Gas Grill
- 300 square inches of primary cooking on porcelain-coated cast iron grates, plus 100 square...
- 280 square inches of cooking space over porcelain-coated grates
- Two stainless steel in-line burners for cooking performance;Assembly Required
- 360 square inches of cooking space over porcelain-coated grates
- 170 square inch porcelain-coated swing-a-way rack for warming
What factors should you consider when you choose propane grills?
The best grill for your home is one that is big enough for your lifestyle. Think about how much food is cooked outdoors regularly and how often you entertain. If you only prepare meals for your family of four, then go with smaller designs. This category includes two burners, tabletop versions suitable for camping that pack neatly in the family car.
A larger house or more people who need to regularly entertain the larger primary cooking surfaces. Note that some manufacturers include secondary heating surfaces in the planned spatial measurements. So that the largest efforts, with an area of between 500 and 600 square inches with at least four burners can accommodate a meal for eight people. A good addition to this size system is a side burner for things such as corn on the cob or a sauce.
The purchase of a propane grill represents an investment. The best barbecue systems are those that have the capacity for the changing outdoor environment. The most common base materials for outdoor cooking equipment are iron, stainless steel, and cast aluminum. Of these, professional chefs prefer steel and iron, but these options also cost more at the beginning. Stainless offers visual appeal and easy maintenance. Iron, once properly seasoned, lasts almost always. Other important construction features include wheels for larger units, sturdy handles, a tight-fitting lid and removable grids for easy access to drip trays and burners for cleaning.
The accessories offered by different manufacturers can tilt the scale for your choice of the best propane grill for your cooking style. There are increasing numbers of available flyers. For example, some grills have side and front shelving space in metal or wood, with convenient compartments for their grilling tools or condiments. Other systems have a special trolley with a locker to store objects such as smoking wood. Speaking of which, there are propane grills with smoking boxes and grills for grilling too slow. Each accessory in a unit increases the price tag, so get it only in those you know you will use.
Unlike natural gas, propane tanks run out of gas. That means you should make sure you have enough propane for your planned meal. An ideal system has a reserve tank that can be pre-filled or exchanged at convenient places nearby.
For green homes, propane is a cleaner option than coal. The best propane grills put three times fewer greenhouse gases into the air than carbon systems according to a recent Elsevier issue of “Environmental Impact Assessment of Opinion.”
Finally, consider the consumer’s opinion and product warranty before buying it. A trusted brand in general offers a minimum guarantee of two years protecting your investment